WebPrint allows you to print to publicly-accessible campus printers from your laptop or desktop computer:
- wirelessly on-campus using AirYorkPlus or
- with a wired Internet connection on-campus or in residence
How do I get it?
- Prior to printing, check your account balance to ensure your YU-Card account has sufficient funds / credits to cover the cost of printing.
Alternatively, you can also print directly to a printer using the following instructions.
- http://webprint.yorku.ca can be accessed using Passport York and has 6 different sections
- Summary: This section contains
- Balance (i.e. PaperCut balance)
- Blackboard balance amount
- Total number of print jobs released
- Total number of pages released
- Graphical representation of the balance history
- Rates: This section displays the rates for printing at all the libraries and labs at York
- Transaction history: The transactions history of printing can be found under this section
- Recent print jobs: The history of recent print jobs can be found under this section
- Jobs Pending Release: The pending print jobs that have not been released yet can be found under this section
- From your computing device (laptop, smartphone) go to the link above
- Login with your Passport York account
- Click on Submit a job
- Choose the appropriate printer from the list
- Click on Print Options and Accounts Selection
- Type in the number of copies of the print job then click on Upload & Complete
- Then click on Browse to upload the file you want to print
- Click Upload & Complete
- After which you will be to release the print job from the printer. There will be information available at the release stations on how to release the print jobs.
- Internet Explorer 7 - 9, Mozilla Firefox 3 and above, Apple Safari and Google Chrome
- WebPrint service will reject jobs that are protected with a password. In such case, users are required to print password-protected documents via desktop printing where they will be properly prompted for password input.
- WebPrint does not accept jobs that prompt for user intervention such as forms that prompt and remind user to sign a printed document. Those types of jobs have to be submitted via the regular desktop printing. Examples are tax forms, benefits forms, insurance forms, medical forms, etc.
- If you select multiple pages to be printed on a single sheet or side, always check when releasing your print job and be aware of how many pages you will be charged.
- Some software applications are compatible with the printing system (e.g. 4 pages on 1 page/sheet will be the cost of 1 page/sheet i.e. only 10¢); while other software applications are not compatible with the printing system (e.g. 4 pages on 1 page/sheet will be the cost of 4 pages i.e. 40¢).
- As tested, some versions of Safari 5.0x may be incompatible. Please use Safari 6 or an alternative browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Clients may encounter problems when trying to print from a web page or pdfs directly from within a browser (without saving the file and printing from a PDF reading application). It is recommended that clients download the .pdf file, open it an an application such as Adobe Acrobat and print from with the application.
- Specific pages cannot be printed through WebPrint directly without printing the whole document. For e.g one cannot print only 3-5 pages of a 10 page document directly. To get around this one can save the specific pages they want to print in a separate document, upload that document to WebPrint and then print.
How do I get help?
- Submit a Service Request
- Printers are unavailable weekly, on Thursdays 4am - 7am.