For security reasons, going forward please connect to
VPN from off campus locations before connecting to publish.yorku.ca.
Central Web is a high performance, high availability web hosting service designed to deliver HTML.
Central Web hosting is available to York faculty members, research projects, and administrative and academic units.
How do I get it?
- If you are a faculty member you can activate your Central Web account within Manage My Services. You will need your Passport York username and password.
- To request a departmental Central Web account submit a service request.
How do I get help?
- Once your account is activated, you can publish content using most SFTP or web authoring software.
- Content uploaded to /home/USERNAME/MyWebSite will appear on the Internet as http://www.yorku.ca/USERNAME/ (Note: do not delete the MyWebSite directory!)
- Contact email@example.com.
Features, functions and tools for Central Web
- Restrict access (.htaccess)
- Scripting and Databases
- Mach forms and PHP/MySQL
- Editing Tools: For an all-around web authoring/editing tool, consider Adobe Dreamweaver.
(UIT does not provide support for web authoring/editing tools)
- SFTP settings