University Information Technology provides a whole host of services and facilities to support and advance the research initiatives of York faculty.
These facilities and services include:
- Consulting on research grant preparation.
- Developing research collaboration tools.
- Systems design, support and Project Management.
- High performance computing facilities and access to research oriented networks
- Procurement of hardware, software and related services.
See Computing Services for Researchers at http://research.computing.yorku.ca/
How do I get it?
- York academic researchers and graduate students can contact UIT Research Computing Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charges vary based on the type and extent of the research project.
How do I get help?
- Researchers can seek information and consultations Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please contact UIT Research Computing Services at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) - There are significant computer processing resources available for York researchers through the SHARCNET consortia. SHARCNET offers a HPC environment distributed among several universities in Ontario. Additional information is available on the SHARCNET web site at http://www.sharcnet.ca
- Systems Management Service - UIT can provide system administration service for various research systems and lab set-up. UIT has experience with Unix/Linux/MacOSX clusters and research lab setup. Additional information is available in the Server Management description of the catalogue.
- Server Hosting - UIT can host research servers in a highly secure and controlled environment. Additional information is available in the Server Hosting description of the catalogue.
- Collaboration Tools - UIT offers a wide variety of collaboration tools like videoconferencing, media streaming, Wikis/ Blogs and Content Management Systems.
- Pre and Post Grant Consultations - UIT provides assistance with grant proposal development specific to research computing.