York University strives to maintain the highest level of academic integrity and the accompanying policy available below, states that plagiarism will not be tolerated.
Turnitin has released a major product upgrade called Turnitin Feedback Studio, which is a more streamlined user interface of the product while maintaining all of the functionalities of Turnitin. Text-matching software, such as Turnitin, can be used to detect plagiarism by assisting instructors to determine the percentage of text from a student assignment that matches text from:
- Student papers previously submitted to Turnitin.
- Similar material submitted to public websites.
- Journal articles, periodicals and commercial databases.
Request your Turnitin Account:
Send an email to Learning Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org from your York’s email address requesting a Turnitin account. An account will be created for you and you will receive a confirmation email with the details to get started.
How do I Use Turnitin?
The Instructor Quick Start Guide will quickly help you log in, and create your Turnitin assignment.
Use the Instructor Guide for detailed information, including managing classes and grading submissions.
What about my Students?
Students can either enroll in your class by creating a user profile and using your class ID and password, or you can add students to the class yourself.
- Give your students the class ID number and enrollment password for your course.
- Inform students to use the Student QuickStart Guide to create their account and access their assignment.
Direct your students to the Turnitin Assignment Submission page for detailed information.