Secure remote access uses VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology to create a secure link between your device and the York network. This service is strongly recommended when connecting from any non-secure wireless network, such as AirYorkGUEST or public hotspots.
How do I get it?
|Operating System||Where to Get the Pulse Client|
|Windows 7 and higher||Installation Instructions for Pulse on Windows 32 Bit / 64 Bit|
|Mac OS 10.8x
|Installation Instructions for Pulse on Mac|
|Linux||Installation instructions for Pulse Secure on Linux
Download the appropriate client:
CentOS/RHEL 32-bit, CentOS/RHEL 64-bit, Ubuntu/Debian 32-bit, Ubuntu/Debian 64-bit
(iPad / iPhone) 8.1 and higher
|Installation Instructions for Pulse Secure on iOS|
|Android Phone / Tablet 4.4.x and higher||Installation Instructions for Pulse Secure on Android Devices|
- Due to the VPNFW1 access control policies users of the vpnfw1 profile will not be able to access yu link without logging off from Pulse Secure.
How do I get access on a specific VPN Profile?
All users have access to the VPNYork Profile. Access to any other specific VPN group requires further coordination with a York University profile owner (designate). See flowchart.
- York University profile owner (designate) must be involved in this request process. See contacts.
- York University profile owner (designate) must put in service request on behalf of the client.
- If this person is outside of York then a Guest Account must be requested first via Cherwell and then following the creation of the Guest Account a separate VPN Profile request must be submitted on behalf of the guest.
- If the person is a York University Community member then the VPN Profile request form must be completed.
- Use VPN service profile as per instructions from the York University profile owner (designate).
How do I get help?
- Pulse Secure may conflict with wireless printing, Lotus Sametime and home networking since split tunneling is not allowed. In such cases clients should use these applications after logging off from Pulse Secure.
- Users of the vpnfw1 profile will not be able to access yu link without logging off from Pulse Secure.